Keeping your data safe
We are committed to making sure your information is handled in the right way.
This privacy notice explains how FB Wealth Management (FBWM) use any personal information we collect about you.
Information we will collect about you
- We collect information about you when you engage us for financial planning services. This information will relate to your personal and financial circumstances. It may also include special categories of personal data such as data about your health, if this is necessary for the provision of our services. We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete client surveys or provide feedback to us.
- Information relating to usage of our website is collected using cookies. These are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. We’ll use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to the site.
- FB Wealth Management (FBWM) will collect and store your personal and financial information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, as amended, extended, re-enacted or consolidated from time to time (including without limitation the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EC) (data protection legislation).
- FBWM Ltd will use your information to ensure proper performance of our agreement with you and to comply with our legal obligations when providing the services as further described below.
Who might we share your information with?
- In order to deliver our services to you effectively we may send your details to third parties such as those that we engage for professional compliance, accountancy or legal services as well as product and platform providers that we use to arrange financial products for you.
- Where third parties are involved in processing your data, we’ll have a contract in place with them to ensure that the nature and purpose of the processing is clear, that they are subject to a duty of confidence in processing your data and that they’ll only act in accordance with our written instructions.
- Where it’s necessary for your personal data to be forwarded to a third party we’ll use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in transit.
- To fulfil our obligations in respect of prevention of money-laundering and other financial crime we may send your details to third party agencies for identity verification purposes.
- We won’t share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside our group of companies, or with any other companies.